CIVIL WEDDING CEREMONY
Our agency “WEDDING CRETE” provides full assistance with the documents needed for a legal marriage in Greece. We will explain the details regarding the needed documents from your country of origin and will consult you with any questions.The legal marriage ceremony can take place both at the Townhall or on a venue we could recommend you in accordance with the region of the island you will choose. Everything you will need to do - just to prepare necessary papers, and your dream - a wedding by the sea will become true with us!
BASIC PACKAGE “CIVIL WEDDING IN CRETE”
♥ Detailed consultation with the wedding planner regarding the list of documents
♥ Selection of a wedding venue
♥ Full preparation and submission of documents to the authorities in Crete
♥ Supervising all the preparation stages of the wedding ceremony
♥ Contractors selection
♥ Optimization of the wedding budget
♥ Personal meeting with the couple prior to the wedding
♥ Obtaining permission for the ceremony
♥ Booking the date of the ceremony
♥ Supervising the vendors at the venue
♥ Wedding coordination during the ceremony
♥ Two witnesses during the ceremony
♥ A pillow or a box for the rings
♥ Bridal bouquet and groom’s boutonnière
♥ Traditional wedding sweets
♥ Rice for the newlyweds’ blessings
♥ Assistance with the pick up of the wedding certificate next day after wedding
♥ Translation of the wedding certificate to your language
♥ Delivery of the wedding certificate to the hotel
The list of necessary documents for a civil marriage on Crete island
- Passport- copy of the page with the photo
- ID - copy of the ID
- Marriage permit issued by your country and translated to Greek. If the country of origin of the customer is member of the Hague Convention, then the documents must be certified with the APOSTILLE seal. If the countryof origin is not a member of the Hague Convention, then the document must be certified by the Greek Embassy in your country and then translated into Greek.
- Birth certificate translated to Greek and certified with APOSTILLE seal, in case the country of origin is member of the Hague Convention. If the country of origin is not a member of the Hague Convention, then the document must be certified by the Greek Embassy in your country and then translated into Greek.
5. EU residence permit or valid VISA. *For Russian Citizens: Confirmations from the Consulate of the Russian Federation in Athens stating that the bride and groom are not married. The confirmation must be legalized by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece. Additionally: If the groom or/and the bride was/were previously married, it is necessary to provide a notarized copy of the Divorce Certificate, certified by the Apostille seal. In case either the bride or groom is widowed a notarized copy of the death certificate of the spouse is required, certified by the Apostille seal. In case either of the partners had changed the surname, a notarized copy of the Surname Change Certificate is required, certified by the Apostille seal.
Besides, some documents issued on Crete are necessary. We take charge to get them ready.
In every specific case, extra documents might be needed. In this regard, after you book the date - you have to send the documents by mail no later than 25 days before the ceremony.
IMPORTANT: The bride and the groom must bring to Greece all the original documents certified with Apostille seal.
The translation into Greek language can be executed by:
- The translation services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece
- Permanent civil servant of the issuing country Consulate in Greece.
- A Greek Lawyer
- Graduated translator from the Ionian University